ATSSB Region 3 Junior High School All-Region Auditions are this Thursday, November 29th at Ferris HS.
*Students will need to wear their Kemp Band Polo and jeans.
- All students need to report to ‘A’ lunch
- 11:45am– Load truck/trailer and bus
- 12:15pm– Leave Junior High and head to Ferris High School
- Ferris High School Address: 1025 E 8th St, Ferris, TX 75125
- 1:15pm– Arrive in Ferris and unload instruments
- 1:30pm– Check-in for auditions
- 2:30pm– Auditions begin (students audition in random order)
- 8:00/8:30pm– Leave Ferris and return to Kemp
- 9:00/9:30pm– Arrive in Kemp
*Arrival time is estimated and is subject to change.*
What is All-Region? All-Region Band is an honor band that is made up of the top students in the local area. The All-Region Band annually works with a professional clinician and performs a concert of high level music.
Who can audition? Only current 7th and 8th graders can audition.
How do auditions work? Students prepare music and come to All-Region auditions to compete. Instruments will audition anonymously for five judges, playing cuts from the All-Region Music and ATSSB Scales. Each student is given a score based on playing ability. The top percent from each instrument are then put into the All-Region Band.
- The Kemp Directors will be judging the contest and should only be contacted in case of emergency.
- Students will be monitored by chaperones.
- If you are planning on checking your student out after they audition, you must make arrangements with a director before November 29th. Please bring a signed note or email us no later than November 28th.
*Please sign up for Remind101 to receive updates as the day progresses*
Text to the number: 81010
8th Grade Band: @kempband2
If you have any questions that we can answer, please contact us via phone or email.